Songwriting Contest 2021 Theme: "Silver Linings"
The Application for the TMFVirtual2021 Jane Titland Memorial Songwriting Contest is downloadable using the button above.
This year's theme, the inspiration for contest entries, is "Silver Linings."
You have until April 20, 2021, to complete and return it, along with a recording of you performing your song, a lyric sheet, and other supporting information. Please note that to fill out the form electronically, we strongly suggest use of Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, as attempts to fill out the form directly in various web browsers produce inconsistent results.
The applications and accompanying files will be able to be returned as physical hardcopy (with accompanying CD or other storage device for your performance recording), or electronically, to Tumbleweedsubmissions@gmail.com.
Once all songs have been submitted, a judging panel will downselect to the top ten entries, and three alternates.
If you are selected as one of the ten finalists, you will receive a confirmation, along with instructions for submitting the video and audio tracks for your performance of your finalist entry.
Once the ten finalist performance videos have been received, they will be edited together to be presented as one of our "Stages" in the TMFVirtual2021 website. The songs will be judged, and the top three places determined. The winning song will be announced, and that performance integrated into the "Saturday" Tumbleweed Benefit concert.
The first prize winner receives $300 and the hand-crafted 2021 Jane Titland Memorial Songwriting Contest trophy. The second prize winner receives $150, and the third prize winner receives $75.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Larry Murante, performing his songwriting contest entry at an earlier, live Tumbleweed Music Festival.
- 2020 - The Go Janes - Who Can Name the Wind?
- 2019 - Katie Fritz - One Little Word
- 2018 - Claudia Nygaard - Lucky Girl
- 2017 -Jen Hajj - Love is Everywhere
- 2016- Amanda Winterhalter - Shirt
- 2015- James Nason - Changing Times
- 2014 - Jeff Knoch - Only A Game
- 2013 - Mike Murray - Cicero's Hands
- 2012 - Jeff Knoch - Crossroads
- 2011 - Tracy Spring - The Weaver's Loom
- 2010 - Tracy Spring - Long Time Gone
- 2009 - Mike Murray - Grandpa Held the Snakes
- 2008 - Karena Prater - Arlea's Lament
- 2007 - Chris Roe - The Gates of Troy
- 2006 - Wes Weddell - Carry On
- 2005 - Art Hanlon - Last Sunday
- 2004 - Joe Jencks - On Belay
- 2003 - Joe Jencks - Rise as One
- 2002 - Larry Murante - It Just Looks that Way
- 2001 - Groovesmith Collective (Songwriters Jim Coleman, Mary Hartman, Janet Humphrey, and Gary White) - Power Puzzle
- 2000 - Bill Davie - Lone Ranger on the Moon
- 1999 - Six Legged Frog - To the Other Side
- 1998 - Larry Murante - By the Water's Edge
- 1997 - Six Legged Frog - Ride the Tumbleweed